Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kungfu king 2009 - SALIKOV(RUS) vs YuJin(CHN)

Salikov became well known in Chinese Sanda by beating three top Sanda fighters and claiming the Sanda King title two years ago. I've never heard or seen Yu Jin before. I am actually surprised by this Kungfu King event. It seems very similar to the now defunct Sanda Wang promotion. The rules seem to be the same sanda rules, ie. punches, kicks, throws and knees to the body allowed. Despite knees being allowed, I didn't see any knees at all even though there were a number of good opportunities to use in this match. I thought both fighters were quite sloppy in this match. Salikov seems hesitant to engage, choosing to wrestle everytime Yu Jin comes in striking. Yu Jin's striking is really sloppy. I guess it'll still be a while before a top Chinese fighter can make an impact in K-1. *sighs*



Part 1



Part 2


No comments: